Wednesday, March 20, 2013

quick studies

I got experimental with the gestures and short poses during my last figure drawing session.

2 minute poses using ink brush on toned paper
Posted Image

5 minute pose using photoshop. I have this recurring digital painting fantasy - that only requires practice to become a reality - but my comfort level with the tablet seems to come and go at random. These days I feel very 'rusty' and unsure of myself when drawing with it. This was a brief attempt to do a little practice. Though 5 minutes is not much. Next class I'll have a go at one of the longer poses.
Posted Image

I did some pencil drawings of longer poses that I am thinking about making into 'comic book' pin-up images... but I have quite a bit inking to finish before I start a big new drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment